Friday, June 1, 2012

Psa 18.1-19 HQ

Psg: Psa 18.1-19 (http://biblia.com/bible/gs-netbible/Ps18.1-19)
Date: 6/1/12

Read

18:1 He said:*
“I love* you, Lord, my source of strength!*
18:2 The Lord is my high ridge,* my stronghold,*my deliverer.
My God is my rocky summit where* I take shelter,*
my shield, the horn that saves me,* and my refuge.*
18:3 I called* to the Lord, who is worthy of praise,*
and I was delivered from my enemies.
18:4 The waves* of death engulfed me,
the currents* of chaos* overwhelmed me.*
18:5 The ropes of Sheol tightened around me,*
the snares of death trapped me.*
18:6 In my distress I called to the Lord;
I cried out to my God.*
From his heavenly temple* he heard my voice;
he listened to my cry for help.*
18:7 The earth heaved and shook;*
the roots of the mountains* trembled;*
they heaved because he was angry.
18:8 Smoke ascended from* his nose;*
fire devoured as it came from his mouth;*
he hurled down fiery coals.*
18:9 He made the sky sink* as he descended;
a thick cloud was under his feet.
18:10 He mounted* a winged angel* and flew;
he glided* on the wings of the wind.*
18:11 He shrouded himself in darkness,*
in thick rain clouds.*
18:12 From the brightness in front of him came
hail and fiery coals.*
18:13 The Lord thundered* in* the sky;
the sovereign One* shouted.*
18:14 He shot his* arrows and scattered them,*
many lightning bolts* and routed them.*
18:15 The depths* of the sea* were exposed;
the inner regions* of the world were uncovered
by* your battle cry,* Lord,
by the powerful breath from your nose.*
18:16 He reached down* from above and took hold of me;
he pulled me from the surging water.*
18:17 He rescued me from my strong enemy,*
from those who hate me,
for they were too strong for me.
18:18 They confronted* me in my day of calamity,
but the Lord helped me.*
18:19 He brought me out into a wide open place;
he delivered me because he was pleased with me.*

Record

The earth heaved and shook; the roots of the mountains trembled; they heaved because he was angry. (7)

Reflect

  • When God needs to act on his anger against sin, evil, and his enemies, he will. And when he does, the firmest elements of the earth shakes and rattles and groans.
    • How secure am I that this God is this way? Why do I fear anything?
    • If God is not shaking the foundations, he must not need to. I must be secure without him shaking it up.
    • Therefore, when he shakes the earth, I am secure. When he does not shake the earth, I am secure.
  • How can I live this securely? How would my life be different if I did?

Respond

  • You are the rock that does not move. You are the one who shakes all other rocks. You, the one I doubt, are the least to be doubted. You and you alone give me reason to walk forward with peaceful, humble confidence in every circumstance. My peace does not come from meditating on peace, but knowing that you are the one who shakes mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment