Monday, February 8, 2016

Idi nade? Bene!

Idi nade? Bene!

The Lord has opened up for me a well-packed mission trip this Spring, and I'd love your help to make this trip as fruitful as possible.

I have 4 opportunities on 2 continents to teach and foster discovery:


  1. Teaching Leviticus to students at Moffatt Bible College in Kijabe, Kenya.
  2. Teaching pastoral ministry to students at the Ahero Evangelical School of Theology in Ahero, Kenya.
  3. Leading a pastors’ conference in Homa Bay, Kenya.
  4. Speaking and serving on a panel for the Global Marketplace Impact seminar by  CrossWorld in Sesto Calende, Italy. This is a conference for English-speaking ex-pats working in Italy.


We're packing all this into a 20-day trip, from March 18 through April 6.




Homa Bay, Kenya


You can help me in four key ways:


  1. Prayer. I'm asking for people to pray daily, starting now and all through the trip. I have lots of prep to do, I always struggle with insomnia and basic health in Kenya, security is now a bigger challenge than normal, and Lynne has 3 weeks to manage everything on her own. Please pray for these things. Pray also that God will impact people, including me, with His Word and His Spirit each day.
  2. Care. I do better there when I know people are caring for Lynne here, especially since communications are often limited. Notes, calls, emails, lunches or dinners, and offers to help are tremendous. The grass will be starting to grow, for example.
  3. Scripture. Send us a passage you want me to read and pray through while I'm on my trip, and Lynne will pray through the same passages on the same days at home. You will be ministering to us both during our Quiet Times through the Word.
  4. Finances. I'm amazed I can do all of this for $3000-3500. Simpler trips have cost more. The less we spend out of pocket per trip, the more times I can return to Kenya. (This will be my 6th trip there!)



“Idi nade? Bene!” That's “how are you?” in Luo and “well!” in Italian. These are two beautiful, lyrical languages spoken by people we've come to know and love. Any way that you can make it easier for me to love them in person will help them and me be more fruitful.


Sesto Calende, Italy

To help financially with a tax-deductible gift, please mark “Kenya 2016” on the memo line (very important!) and donate to:


Grace Fellowship Church
10201 W 127th St
Overland Park, KS 66213


Thank you. I look forward to updating you about the trip in April!

Colby



No comments:

Post a Comment