Monday, May 19, 2014

There's this great restaurant I don't want you to know about

We found the greatest Italian restaurant! We were just rambling around looking for some place we've never been before, and actually got a little turned around. But then Lynne saw something as we passed by and said we should try it. So we turned around, parked the car, went in, and gave it a try. Bar none, the best Italian food we've ever had!!! (And we're kind of picky about Italian food.)

But I don't want to tell you about it. We're not going to tell you what's on the menu, where it is, or even the name of the place. Trust us - it's awesome food. We plan on eating there regularly. The owner is very nice and welcoming. But ... we're just going to keep this information to ourselves.

You see, what if Italian cuisine offends you? Maybe you really can't stand Italian food. You were forced to eat really bad Italian food as a kid, and now just the mention of Italian food makes you mad. We wouldn't want you to be offended.

Besides, who am I to tell you where you should eat? You're a grown adult and can make your own choices. You know how to find restaurants. Just because we like this place doesn't mean you should like this place.

And what if you ask me how the pasta sauce is made, and I don't know? I know I like the sauce, but quite honestly, I can't tell you the recipe. I pretty much know how they make the pasta - I can answer those questions. But that sauce? I don't really know, and I don't want you to ask me questions I can't answer.

What if you've heard bad reviews of this restaurant? Maybe you read somewhere on the Internet about someone who ate there and thought it was awful. Or, worse - maybe you know some people who like that same restaurant, but you've seen how they behave in restaurants. Their behavior is horrible. So if they recommend this restaurant, it's probably the last place you'd want to eat, right? Who would want to eat where they eat?

Or maybe you'll find out I'm a hypocrite. Maybe you'll catch me sometime in a weak moment eating Spaghetti-O's. How could you take Italian restaurant advice from someone who eats that?

I know, I know - you've seen some of those TV chefs, and they're just after your money. Plus, there's that one politician who wants to make teachers teach Italian cooking in the public schools.

So, I'll just keep my restaurant choices to myself.

On the other hand, the food in this restaurant is the best we've ever had. Come and see. Try it for yourself. Make up your own mind. If you don't like it, we'll still be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment