Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Matter

What’s the matter? What’s the matter? What is the matter?Matter has weight, matter tips the scales, matter is heavy … what.is.the.matter?Is what is heavy here heavy There?Does what breaks my back here break my back There?Does a high price tag here convert to a high price tag There?There … There … There in the Kingdom of God?

Is the statue here in the center of the Kingdom of Me the same statue There in the Kingdom of God?
Does the Kingdom of my Calendar here have any appointments There?
Does the Kingdom of Career here have any job openings There?
Does the Kingdom of GPA here have any scholarships There?
Does the Kingdom of Skin here sell any toothpaste There?
Does the Kingdom of Substances here have any substance There?

But Jesus says that There is now Here.
“The Kingdom of God is near,” Jesus says.
“The Kingdom of God has come upon you,” Jesus says.
Jesus tells the Kingdom of Sin, “An hour is coming and now is…
The Apostle declares that our citizenship is not here but There … if you are in the King of the Kingdom.
Switch your perspective - Once we are There, There is now Here and here is now there.
“In Christ” doesn’t take us There … “In Christ” brings There Here.

Is what is heavy Here in the Kingdom of God heavy there in Kingdom of Man?
Does what breaks my back Here in the Kingdom of God break my back there in Kingdom of Ego?
Does what breaks the King’s heart Here in the Kingdom of God break my heart there in the Kingdom of Self Righteousness?
Is the “ooh” and “ahh” of the angels Here in the Kingdom of God the “ooh” and “ahh” of the Church there in the Kingdom of Couches?
Is the Treasure Here in the Kingdom of God worth selling everything there in Kingdom of Brand Names?

What’s the matter? What is the matter on earth as it is in heaven?
With my feet planted firmly Here in Your Kingdom, give me this day my daily bread.
With my feet planted firmly Here in Your Kingdom, lead me not into temptation.
With my feet planted firmly Here in Your Kingdom, forgive me my sins … as I forgive those who have sinned against me there ... in the Kingdom of Me.

What’s the matter? What’s the matter? What is the matter?


(Slideshow here)

No comments:

Post a Comment