Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Clown Days have Changed

Please remember to pray for our kids who are at Camp Quaker Haven. Pray for them to learn, to grow, and to be safe.

This week, I had an opportunity to drive by the house in Independence where I grew up. It's amazing to me how much smaller the house looks, and how that great hill we used to sled down looks rather flat and short - somehow I don't think the hill is what has changed over time. Perspectives have changed.

I also went through the drive-through of the McDonald's that we used to go to when I was a kid. There was only one in town at the time, and it was a bit of a drive, but what a great treat it was for us kids. This week, however, while waiting in line I watched a drug deal go down - as brazen as could be. Like I said, perspectives have changed.

Seeing how the innocence of my own childhood has been erased by age and crime, let me urge you again to pray for our children at Camp Quaker Haven. This world conspires against their innocence. The constant forces of gravity never pull them up. They are pulled up only by God, by His Truth, by the example of disciples, and by our prayers. Everything else is a constant pull downward. Just as my childhood home decays over time, so do our souls, without an intentional effort on our part to foster God's work within us.

Pray for our kids. Pray for our children's Sunday School. Pray for AWANA. Pray for Children's Church and Junior Church. Pray for our Youth Group. And pray for all those who volunteer their time and talents to invest their lives into our young people.

Pray for our kids constantly as if the rest of their lives depended on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment